Making high-quality veterinary care accessible is one of our main focuses. With Airvet, a veterinary telemedicine app, we’re able to offer our clients online vet visits right on their smartphones! This app means you can access your veterinarian from anywhere, whether you’re on the go, or you’re lounging at home.
Using Airvet is convenient, easy, and works on just about every phone out there. Get started by following these steps:
- Download Airvet from either the Apple app store or Google Play store.
- Create an account and add Animal Care East as your main hospital, then choose your vet.
- Complete your pet’s profile and add in your contact and payment information.
- Now schedule an online vet visit!
When you request a video vet call, we’ll process your request and set up a time that works for both you and your veterinarian!
In What Situations is Telemedicine Appropriate?
Telemedicine is a wonderful tool that allows us to assess your pet’s health virtually. Although, since we are not able to perform a full physical exam, it’s important that we already have a strong veterinarian-patient-client relationship with you. This helps us to give you trusted, personalized advice for your pet since we already have a strong understanding of their medical history. Due to some of the limitations of telemedicine, we’re not able to assess every medical situation over an online vet visit.
Yet, there are quite a few instances where we can use telemedicine:
- Post-op check-in
- Re-check appointment after starting new treatment
- Dermatological (skin) issues
- Coughing, sneezing, or other mild symptoms
- Limping or gait issues
- Nutritional or behavioral concerns
- General health questions or concerns
In the event your pet has an emergency, Airvet is not the best way to get your pet the care they need. Instead, call us at (252) 355-7504 or contact the nearest 24/7 emergency animal hospital.